Part of the Canny Valley Quest Line Current #19 Remaining 48
My Dearest Sophie
Before we face the Legendary Gunslinger husk, we'd better learn more about Blackboot Ayers. Search the area for eyewitness accounts of Ayers' reign of terror. Look for old watertowers and windmills. Can be only completed in a desert or Thunder Route 99 zone.
Find Old Diary Pages in a 52+ zone
- Ray : If we're going to face down the stormified version of Blackboot Ayers we'd better prepare.
- Ray : I've been scouring Canny Valley for everything I can find on Ayers,
- Ray : And according to local legend,
- Ray : A few close calls with the the lawman left Ayers with chronic gallows neck,
- Ray : And consequently, he was unable to look up. Or left. Or right.
- Ray : The safest place to be during a Blackboot Ayers raid was just above his eyeline.
- Ray : Or slightly to the left or right of mainstreet.
- Ray : During an Ayers rampage, townspeople would often seek refuge in water towers.
- Ray : Let's search those towers!
- Ray : We know he was ruthless.
- Ray : And we know he didn't always fight alone.
- Ray : ... I think I've heard enough.
- Ray : Legendary Gunslinger Blackboot Ayers,
- Ray : This Valley ain't big enough for the both of us.
- Ray : I'm a' callin you out!
- Ray : You're cool with that right?
- Ray : Of course you are, the dude was a monster.
- Ray : We're calling you out!
- Ray : High Noon.
- Ray : Tuesday.
- Ray : High Noon. Wednesday at the latest.
- Ray : If you know what's good for ya, you'll sure as shootin RSVP.